We are now starting to spend the Loaves & Fishes money. Some of the projects that you approved in June are straightforward and require little involvement from the congregation. Others are more complex and require committees and sub-committees. If you are interested in working on any of these projects you should contact myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the leaders of the different projects listed below.
The L&F money is in a separate checking account so that it is not mixed with other LSC money. The Elder Board and the Property & Finance committee have established procedures for formally requesting release of the money. I’ll continue to provide you with regular updates about each of the projects. Following is a brief summary of where things stand today.
* LaSalle Neighbors – Staff Lead: Oreon Trickey (email@example.com)
- Initial committee is formed.
- Planning is underway.
* Art on Sedgwick – Lay Leader: Charlie Branda (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All funds delivered to Art on Sedgwick in early August.
- Build-out of their storefront space has begun.
- Pilot art classes planned for this fall
* Financial Wellness Partnership with CGLA – Staff Lead: Laura Truax (email@example.com)
- Steering committee having its first meeting with CGLA staff this month.
* Renovations to Cornerstone Center – Staff Lead: Laura Truax (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Initial assessment of Leslie Hall usage underway
* Femi Adeleye/Institute for Christian Impact – Lay Leader: Todd Zoellick (email@example.com)
- Met with Femi and discussed steps necessary to get institute off the ground
* World Vision’s One Acre Miracle in Tanzania – Lay Lead: Chris Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Will soon send check to WV along with letter emphasizing our differences regarding their policy on inclusiveness
* Low Cost Fund – Staff Lead: Colin Knapp (email@example.com)
- Committee is formed and criteria established
* Travel Fund – Lay Leader: Ami Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Procedures and criteria for reviewing requests established
Loaves & Fishes Total Amount: $1,440,000
Amount Disbursed to Date: Art on Sedgwick – $25,000
Amount remaining: $1,415,000
~ Karl Lauger, L&F Liason